Monday 10 March 2014

African Coconut Rice With Lime Shrimp

This coconut rice was so good. It tasted yummilicious though the rush for the shrimps was more but the pot of rice got cleared even before I could say Jack. The plan was to cook with four coconuts but some were bad so I had to substitute with one sachet of Emma coconut powder. After reading comments on previous coconut rice posts, I decided to try blending my coconuts this time and yes it was a saver. I chopped in tiny pieces, added hot water and blended within seconds. #ByeToCoconutGrating. Just like the pancake rolls, my girls so enjoyed this meal that they requested I preserve a little for their lunch boxes the following day and guess what? Even the one that has said she never wants to see anything rice in her lunchbox cleared everything and said that was because she enjoyed it and that the shrimps tempted her too, Lolz. INGREDIENTS FOR THIS AFRICAN COCONUT RICE: Rice 3 cups Coconuts 2 medium sizes Coconut powder 1 sachet Shrimps 3 small plates Ground crayfish 2 tablespoonfuls Dried catfish 2 medium sized Thyme a pinch of Curry powder a pinch Lime juice from just 1/2 an orange Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon Ginger a tiny piece (grounded) Salt to taste Seasoning cubes 2 Water I served my shrimps as a side but you can mix the shrimps to your pot of rice before turning off the heat. For those who do not like dry cat fish, you can cook with any fish of your choice or chicken, goat meat, corned beef or even beef sef. Enjoy Your Lunch and Dinner!
Personal Food and Travel Blog of Valerie Kadiri
linkedin Profile of Valerie Kadiri

No comments:

Post a Comment